Discover Endive is proud to support #afundforJennie, with an unusual auction item: free California Endive for a year! Throughout the next 12 months, Discover Endive will ship the winner a 6-lb box of freshly grown, hand-packed red and white endive. Four shipments are included with this prize, and the total value of the item is $120. Bidding will end on Monday, August 29 at 11:59 PM PST. (This item ships only within the Contentinal US, excluding Alaska.)
Here are some interesting facts about California Endive:
- grown year round, California Endive is always in season;
- properly stored, California Endive can last up to 14 days in the refrigerator;
- there’s no need to wash it. The leaves have never been exposed to soil or direct human contact.
- California Endive is wonderful raw in salads and as a dipper for hummus and other tasty spreads.
- California Endive is a versatile vegetable that stands up well to grilling, roasting and braising.
- Add California Endive to your next meal!
Bidding starts at $10. Please visit the Discover Endive facebook page to leave your bid.
We hope you will join us in supporting this worthwhile cause. For more information visit: http://www.bloggerswoborders.org/2011/08/project-summary-a-fund-for-jennie/