Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass With Pepper Sauce Recipe
1 x 3-3.5lb Sea Bass (filleted, skin on, cut into 4 nice portions)
1 sprig Thyme (leaves removed from stems)
1) Preheat oven to 200c
2) Trim the sea bass into neat fillets and score the skin with a sharp knife.
3) Season with a little salt and the fresh thyme leaves.
4) The scoring allows the skin to become nice and crispy and also helps prevent the fish from curling in the pan.
5) Pan fry, skin side down in hot olive oil, gently holding the fillets down for 30 seconds with your fingers to stop the sides curling up.
6) Season the top of the fillets and leave to cook from the bottom up.
7) You’ll see the flesh changing from translucent to white as it cooks.
8) Just when the white line is over half way up and the fillets are 90 per cent cooked, flip them over and finish on the other side.
9) Spoon over some of the cooking oil to add an extra crispness to the skin.
10) Serve the sea bass skin side up on a bed of rice with the pepper sauce and braised endive along side.
* 2 Cored And Finely Sliced Red Peppers
* 2 Cored And Finely Sliced Yellow Peppers
* 4 Finely Sliced Shallots
* 2 Star Anise
* 2 sprigs Basil
* 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
* 3 tablespoons Vermouth
* 200ml Water